A fungal laser nail system is a multipurpose laser system designed to provide a fast and effective solution for a wide range of cosmetic conditions, including onychomycosis, warts and scars. Its state-of-the-art design allows for customized treatments tailored to each patient’s individual concerns. The system includes a real-time temperature sensor that provides feedback so just the right amount of laser energy is delivered.
A New Approach to Addressing Toenail Fungus (Onychomycosis)
Toenail fungus affects 30 million Americans1, posing both physical and cosmetic problems for those affected. Known medically as onychomycosis, it can cause nail discoloration and deformity, and in some cases, pain or discomfort while walking. Moreover, toenail fungus may be perceived as a social stigma, deterring those affected from enjoying routine activities, such as wearing open-toed shoes or taking off their shoes in the company of others. While much progress has been made in identifying the causes of this condition, treatment options have been largely limited to oral drugs that are associated with adverse side effects and prescription topicals and home remedies that have not been proven effective!
Laser is a new approach to addressing toenail fungus that puts patients’ safety and comfort first. The system applies laser energy to the toenail plate and surrounding tissue. The laser light gradually heats the fungus and promotes the growth of healthy, clear nails. The procedure requires no anesthetics and poses no risk of serious side effects. Treatment typically takes 10-20 minutes, and patients are able to return to regular activities immediately following the procedure.
Compare vs. Conventional Toenail Fungus Treatments
- Generally effective in treating nail fungus
- Drug must be taken over long period of time (6-8 weeks)
- Associated with a number of adverse side effects, such as gastrointestinal disorders, skin disorders, headaches and abnormal liver function
- Not recommended for some patients who have poor health or diabetes
- Effectiveness is highly variable due to the fact that the drug does not sufficiently penetrate the nail plate to reach the underlying infection
- Drug must be frequently applied to nails, often daily, over a long period of time
- Effective in clearing nails of both mild and severe forms of fungus
- New nail grows out with no signs of infection
- No significant side effects
- As with oral drugs and prescription topicals, final results are achieved when the nail grows out, which can take a few months