Non-Invasive Options and Tips for Treating Trigger Pain with Laser Therapy.
THERE ARE THREE TYPES OF TRIGGER PAIN: ACTIVE, LATENT and SATELLITE
- ACTIVE: actively causing pain.
- LATENT: not actively causing pain until the spot is palpated. Then pain is felt.
- SATELLITE: these are in the areas of Active and Latent trigger points. They may not be the primary issue. However, when addressing Active and Latent trigger points they make themselves known.
Of course, the SITE of pain is not necessarily the SOURCE of the pain. Pain is often referred when we apply pressure to a trigger point.
Popular Trigger Point Treatments include stretching, exercising, injections, electric stimulation and laser therapy.
Laser treatment myofascial trigger points while releasing a cascade of healing mechanisms. The laser floods the damaged, inflamed tissue with photons. They energize the cells, promote increased blood flow as well as production of pain reduction chemicals such as endorphins and enkephalins from the brain and adrenal gland.
Laser operate on a photochemical, not a photo thermal effect. Hence, no damage to tissues from the heat by-product of a continuous wave laser.
TRY OUR LASER THERAPY TODAY!
Clinical studies and research using laser therapy technology indicate the following beneficial effects of laser therapy on tissues and cells:
- Anti-Pain (Analgesic)
- Accelerated Tissue Repair and Cell Growth
- Improved Vascular Activity
- Increased Metabolic Activity
- Trigger Points and Acupuncture Points
- Reduced Fibrous Tissue Formation
- Improved Nerve Function